Wohlers Associates has participated in many consulting projects over the company's 35-year history.
Additive Manufacturing Consulting and Advisory Services
Wohlers Associates helps organizations take advantage of technologies and strategies that enhance the rapid product development and manufacturing process.
Wohlers Associates has participated in more than 500 consulting projects over the company’s 35-year history.
Wohlers Associates is an independent advisory firm with experience in technical and strategic consulting on the new developments and trends in rapid product development and additive manufacturing.
The company assists with organizational strategy and direction, partnership opportunities, mergers and acquisitions, product positioning, and competitive issues. It also provides advice on growth trends and what the future holds. Wohlers Associates has worked with many of the biggest names in the industry.
Consulting and advisory experts have dealt with organizational strategy and direction, investment, growth trends, and what the future holds. Wohlers Associates has also assisted with partnership opportunities, product positioning, competitive issues, and whether to enter a particular market segment. This work has consisted of industry developments and trends, expert witness, investment, technology acquisition and training, new product introduction, prototyping, and tooling and process automation.
Industry Developments and Trends
- Assisted with additive manufacturing technology roadmaps for the countries of Australia, South Africa, and the U.S.
- Provided insight and advice to large aerospace companies in Europe and the U.S.
- Assisted with the development of a report on additive manufacturing for the U.S. White House.
- Reviewed the current market and competition for major European producers of materials for additive manufacturing.
- Helped a Japanese company understand recent developments and trends in prototyping and tooling.
- Provided consulting assistance to nearly 200 private equity and institutional investors valued at billions of dollars.
- Assisted venture capital firms with investments in technology companies.
- Helped large corporations and national governments with long-term planning and investment strategy.
Technology Acquisition and Training
- Researched the licensing of a tooling process for a large manufacturer of consumer products.
- Explored technology acquisition options for a manufacturer of additive manufacturing systems.
- Researched acquisition candidates for an established prototyping service provider in central Europe.
- Provided design for additive manufacturing (DfAM) hands-on training for large aerospace organizations in Europe and the U.S.
- Conducted in-person DfAM training for wide-ranging industrial groups in Australia, Belgium, Canada, Germany, and South Africa.
New Product Introduction
- Collected information and helped develop a business strategy for a large materials company in Europe.
- Reviewed a new additive manufacturing system in Asia and provided input on how the company might develop, position, and market the product.
- Conducted a market analysis for a new additive manufacturing materials product for a company in Europe.
- Provided strategic advice to the top management of a company that offers CNC machines and 3D scanning systems.
- Helped a company expand into markets outside of Japan.
- Evaluated a European company’s products and helped plan a new product family and marketing strategy.
Prototyping and Tooling
- Evaluated approaches to tooling for manufacturers of surgical instruments and mobile phones.
- Recommended options for prototyping and tooling to a manufacturer of bar code printers.
- Explored options for entering the 3D printing industry for a large manufacturer of computer products and services.
- Evaluated tooling options for a major manufacturer of mobile phones in Europe.
- Developed a laser scanning solution for a manufacturer of custom-fit in-the-ear hearing aids and explored options for additive manufacturing.
- Identified 3D design and CNC machining software for a manufacturer of footwear and other products in Brazil.
- Tested new approaches to 3D modeling, reverse engineering, and additive manufacturing for a government agency.
Wohlers Associates counts the following among its clients
Wohlers Associates places the highest degree of importance on honesty, integrity, and customer satisfaction, and seeks to exceed expectations. All clients are references.