ASTM unites with the Wohlers brand to build on its market influence and access to top AM industry decision-makers worldwide.
Articles and Other Publications
2020 – 2021
- Additive Manufacturing: State of the Industry, Manufacturing Engineering, April 2022
- Wohlers Report 2022: Strong Growth in the Additive Manufacturing Industry, 3Dnatives, March 16, 2022
- Market Intelligence Added to the Mix, ASTM Standardization News, March/April 2022
- The need for global standardisation: Takeaways from the Standards Forum at Formnext 2021, Metal AM, Winter 2021
- ASTM Acquisition: In Conversation with Terry Wohlers, Engineering.com, December 6, 2021
- Wohlers Associates Report on Additive Manufacturing Post-Processing, MatEdu, October 28, 2021
- Additive Expansion to Continue Amid Challenges, Wohlers Says, SME, September 14, 2021
- 3 Things To Consider When Choosing An Additive Manufacturing Partner, Forbes, June 17, 2021
- A look at the shifting trends in additive manufacturing, K-MAG, May 13, 2021
- Wohlers Report 2021 Finds 7.5% Growth in Additive Manufacturing Industry Despite Pandemic, TEAMM, April 13, 2021
- AM Ventures and KGAL launch a €100 million fund for industrial 3D printing, Private Equity Wire, March 8, 2021
- Relativity Space Raises $500 Million, Plans to Launch 3D-Printed Rockets Next Year, Los Angeles Business Journal, December 1, 2020
- Top 10 Myths of Additive Manufacturing, Protolabs, May 20, 2020
- Consumer Products & Electronics Increasingly Important for AM Market, Formnext Magazine, May 20, 2020
- Additive Manufacturing Industry Grows To Almost $12 Billion In 2019, Forbes, May 8, 2020
- America Makes Partners with Wohlers Associates to Launch New Virtual Game Day Series, America Makes, May 7, 2020
- America’s Garage Hobbyists Fight the Pandemic With 3D Printers, Bloomberg, April 22, 2020
- The Future of Additive Manufacturing Is in Good Hands With These Startups, SME, April 2020
- How 3-D printing is helping the US fight medical equipment shortages and the coronavirus pandemic, CNBC, April 17, 2020
- TCT Hall of Fame 2020 nominees announced, TCT Magazine, April 16, 2020
- COVID-19 crisis opens possibilities for 3D printing industry, TechTarget, April 2, 2020
- With Medical Equipment in Short Supply, 3-D Printing Steps Up in Coronavirus Crisis, The Wall Street Journal, March 31, 2020
- Inside A Silicon Valley Unicorn’s Urgent Dash To 3D-Print Face Shields And Test Swabs To Battle COVID-19, Forbes, March 25, 2020
- New Wohlers Report 2020 documents more than 250 applications of additive manufacturing, Consilia Vektor, March 18, 2020
- New Ventures, Partnerships, Strong Growth Power AM, Manufacturing Engineering, February 2020
- Austin’s Carl Deckard, one of the Pioneers of the 3D Printing Industry, has Died, Silicon Hills, January 13, 2020
- More Mainstream in the U.S., formnext magazine, December 29, 2019
- Adidas in 3D push with Futurecraft, Stock Daily Dish, December 18, 2019
- South Africa in talks with Airbus, Boeing to print 3D parts, Spring Hill Insider, December 14, 2019
- CUT hosts world-renowned AM experts at the 20th annual RAPDASA conference, CUT News, November 28, 2019
- Additive manufacturing developments powered by RAPDASA, Dataweek, November 25, 2019
- Some 3-D printers may be bad for your lungs, The Boston Globe, October 1, 2019
- Access to Additive Manufacturing Companies, Formnext Magazine, September 25, 2019
- The Faces of Additive Manufacturing: Terry Wohlers, 3Dnatives, August 12, 2019
- 3-D printing transitioning from hype to widespread use, Crain’s Detroit Business, July 14, 2019
- Collaboration is Key for the Next Big Additive Manufacturing Leap, Advanced Manufacturing Media, May 13, 2019
- Wohlers Associates and Protolabs Host 3D Printing Design Course, Protolabs, May 8, 2019
- End-To-End Additive Manufacturing For The Full Automotive Lifecycle, Forbes, May 7, 2019
- Industrial AM Systems Producers Continue Rapid Growth, Manufacturing Engineering, May 6, 2019
- Interview: Terry Wohlers On the State of the 3D Printing Industry in 2019, All3DP, April 25, 2019
- Terry Wohlers On The 2019 Wohlers Report, Fabbaloo, April 24, 2019
- Your Next Flight Is Brought to You by 3D Printing, Bloomberg, April 12, 2019
- Wohlers Report 2019 Forecasts $35.6 Billion In 3D Printing Industry Growth By 2024, Forbes, March 27, 2019
- Taking a Look at Significant Growth in 3D Printing Materials Segment in Wohlers Report 2019, 3DPrint.com, March 27, 2019
- Next Billion-Dollar Startups News: 3-D Printing Startup Markforged Raises $82 Million, Forbes, March 20, 2019
- His Bosses Rejected His Idea. Then Hans Langer Became A Billionaire From His Plan For Giant 3D Printers, Forbes, March 18, 2019
- Additive Manufacturing Labs And Spaces Continue To Grow Worldwide, Forbes, February 26, 2019
- Critical for any Industry to Develop and Mature, FON Formnext Magazine, January 21, 2019
- 3D printing surging globally and South Africa is making its mark, Engineering News, December 7, 2018
- Industry mourns American additive manufacturing pioneer David Tait, 3D Printing Media Network, December 6, 2018
- Manufacturing in 2050: The World Turned Upside Down?, SME Media, November 26, 2018
- Worldwide, 3D printing is now accelerating rapidly, Engineering News, November 8, 2018
- 3D Printing Service Bureaus On Growth Path With Almost $3 Billion In Revenue, Forbes, August 30, 2018
- I wouldn’t waste my time: firearms experts dismiss flimsy 3D-printed guns, The Guardian, July 31, 2018
- Mark Cuban-Backed Relativity Space Aims To Build 3D-Printed Rockets, Forbes, July 17, 2018
- 3D Printing Update: Q2 2018 in Review, Investing News Network, July 12, 2018
- Wohlers Associates deliver first ever DfAM session in Canada, Canada Makes, June 28, 2018
- Metal AM: Metal Additive Manufacturing Hits Critical Mass, Machine Design, June 21, 2018
- Has the 3D-printing train left the station?, Plastics Today, June 20, 2018
- Wohlers Report 2018: 3D Printer Industry Rises 21 Percent To Over $7 Billion, Forbes, June 4, 2018
- What 3-D Printing on Your Skin Could Be Used For, Healthline, June 4, 2018
- Young AM Companies Driving Compeition and Sales to a New Level, fon formnext magazine, May 27, 2018
- Wohlers Provides 3D Printing Snapshot at RAPID + TCT, Advanced Manufacturing Media, April 26, 2018
- AM Continues Rapid Ascent, Targets New Markets, Advanced Manufacturing Media, March 30, 2018
- Wohlers Report 2018 Details Overall 3D Printing Industry Growth, Major Gains in Metals, 3DPrint.com, March 27, 2018
- HP Announces Lower-Cost Full-Color 3D Printing Systems, SOLIDWORKS Collaboration, 3DPrint.com, February 5, 2018
- Additive Manufacturing Symposium to Highlight SOLIDWORKS World 2018, 3DPrint.com, January 12, 2018
- XYZprinting Aims To Grow The Consumer 3D Printing Market With New Products, Forbes, January 5, 2018
- Heavy Industry, Make: magazine, November 2017/December 2018
- How to Design for Additive Manufacturing: First Steps, Rapid Ready, October 24, 2017
- Google Moon Shot Stands to Give Industrial 3-D Printing a Boost, Bloomberg, October 19, 2017
- 3-D printing: A tool for production, Chemical & Engineering News, October 16, 2017
- This 3-D printing company churns out lightweight car parts that are ready for the road, CNBC, October 10, 2017
- Olaf Diegel Goes Heavy Metal with Nylon 3D Printed Skeletor Microphone, 3DPrint.com, July 19, 2017
- This company is taking its cues from Amazon as it works to reinvent manufacturing for the modern age, Business Insider, July 13, 2017
- Olaf Diegel’s Desktop Distillery Proves Metal 3D Printing is More Fun without Post-Processing, 3DPrint.com, July 3, 2017
- 3D Systems Struggling With Demand Issues, Tough Competition, Nasdaq, June 22, 2017
- Wohlers Report 2017 Shows Vibrant New Business Activity In 3D Printing With Slower Worldwide Growth, MCADCafe, May 25, 2017
- Additive Grows and Has Growing Pains, Advanced Manufacturing Media, May 11, 2017
- Europe Leads as Industrial 3-D Printing Takes Shape, Wall Street Journal, May 5, 2017
- Interview with Terry Wohlers on Design for AM, Materialise Blog, May 4, 2017
- RAPID + TCT 2017 Event To Demonstrate $6 Billion 3D Printing Industry Strength, Forbes, May 2, 2017
- Review: Wohlers Report 2017 Offers Broad Insights into 3D Printing Industry, ENGINEERING.com, April 27, 2017
- This Startup Aims To Revolutionize Metal 3D Printing For Manufacturers, Forbes, April 25, 2017
- Startup claims 3D printers create metal parts faster, more cheaply, Techworld, April 25, 2017
- SLM Said to Tap Lazard to Study Options After GE Failed Bid, Bloomberg, April 24, 2017
- GE Keeps Its Checkbook Handy After All-in Bet on 3-D Printing, Bloomberg, April 20, 2017
- Exciting Times in the Realm of Additive Manufacturing, Advanced Manufacturing Media, April 18, 2017
- Adidas to mass-produce 3D-printed shoe with Silicon Valley start-up, Reuters, April 6, 2017
- Wohlers Report 2017: The Real Authority on 3D Printing, 3DPrint.com, April 5, 2017
- The 3D Printing Landscape: Then and Now, NASA Tech Briefs, April 3, 2017
- What American manufacturing looks like in the Trump era, CNNMoney, March 27, 2017
- Terry Wohlers Focused on the Future of AM in Keynote at the Inside 3D Printing Conference in New York City, Rising Media, March 24, 2017
- 3D-Printed Jewelry Ditches the Lab for the Boutique, Bloomberg Businessweek, March 9, 2017
- This All-in-One Manufacturing Rig Fits on a Desktop, Bloomberg Businessweek, March 2, 2017
- South Africa in talks with Airbus, Boeing to print 3D parts, Reuters, March 2, 2017
- AM Yields New Breeds of Bikes, 3D Metal Printing, February 10, 2017
- Exclusive: Boeing’s space taxis to use more than 600 3D-printed parts, Reuters, February 3, 2017
- Detailed handiwork leading 3-D printing ‘revolution’ in UAE, The National, January 9, 2017
- Terry Wohlers Discusses the Future of 3D Printing at Inside 3D Printing Keynote, 3DPrint.com, December 15, 2016
- Manufacturers Take a Page From Mother Nature, Wall Street Journal, November 29, 2016
- Siemens and Stratasys partner to move additive manufacturing into volume production, Plastics News, November 18, 2016
- Who’s ready for the future of additive manufacturing? EPPM, November 10, 2016
- Why Additive Manufacturing Works for the Aerospace Industry 3D Perspectives, November 4, 2016
- Vail Symposium discusses the exploding possibilities of 3D printing, Vail Daily, October 20, 2016
- Proto Labs Opens New Additive Manufacturing Facility, Additive Manufacturing, October 14, 2016
- Stratasys, 3D Systems Plot Turnaround As 3D Printer Field Grows, Investor’s Business Daily, October 14, 2016
- How Green Is 3D Printing?, ENGINEERING.com, September 28, 2016
- 7 Startups Driving Innovation in 3D Printing, ASME, September 2016
- Silicon Valley 3D printing startup gets $81 million in new funding, Reuters, September 15, 2016
- A Brand-New 3D Printing ETF with Big Investment Potential, Nasdaq, September 15, 2016
- General Electric Acquires 3D Printing Firms for $1.4 Billion, Inc., September 7, 2016
- GE to pay $1.4B for two 3D printing companies to expand manufacturing, TechWorld, September 7, 2016
- Additive manufacturing has huge potential in SA, BusinessDay, September 1, 2016
- This Time, 3D Printer Makers Think They’ve Found a Sweet Spot, Bloomberg, August 4, 2016
- First Person: 3D Printing/Additive Manufacturing – A Valuable Tool for OEMs, Area Development, Q2 2016
- 3D printing begins to permeate everyday life, Yonhap News Agency, June 23, 2016
- Wohlers Report 2016 and the Billion Dollar 3D Printing Industry, ENGINEERING.com, June 20, 2016
- Why home 3D printing never lived up to the hype, Vox, June, 2016
- Is Competition Hurting 3D Systems and Stratasys?, The Motley Fool, May 27, 2016
- HP’s new 3-D system to print Nikes, BMW parts, USA Today, May 17, 2016
- HP Looks to Make Its Mark in 3-D Printing, Wall Street Journal, May 17, 2016
- HP Hopes 3D Printers Will Revive Its Business, Fortune, May 17, 2016
- HP begins selling its mondo Jet Fusion 3D printer for offices, PCWorld, May 17, 2016
- A printed smile, The Economist, April 30, 2016
- Wohlers Report 2016: Analysis, Projections & Comprehensive 3D Printing Data from the Industry Expert, 3DPrint.com, April 29, 2016
- Premium AEROTEC Hosts Terry Wohlers in Germany to Speak to Audience of Industry Professionals about 3D Printing, 3DPrint.com, April 28, 2016
- Wohlers Report 2016: 3D Printer Industry Surpassed $5.1 Billion, Forbes, April 25, 2016
- Airplanes Are Getting Lighter Thanks to 3-D-Printed Parts, MIT Technology Review, April 18, 2016
- As 3D Systems, Stratasys Jump, Is 3D Printer Market Set To Rebound?, Investor’s Business Daily, April 14, 2016
- 3D Printing Passes $5.1 Billion in Latest Wohlers Report 2016, 3D Printing Industry, April 6, 2016
- Sales of desktop 3D printers explode, growing nearly 70%, Computerworld, April 6, 2016
- New GE facility helps Western Pa. build rep as center for 3-D printing, Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, April 5, 2016
- This is the first 3D-printed drug to win FDA approval, Computerworld, March 28, 2016
- 3D Printers Gaining Traction With Nike, Boeing, HP Inc, Investor’s Business Daily, March 24, 2016
- Pushing the Design Boundaries with Metal AM, 3D Metal Printing, March 2016
- 3-D printing poised to shake up US manufacturing, New York Post, February 27, 2016
- Mattel remakes ’60s ThingMaker toy as an easy-to-use $300 3D printer, Computerworld, February 16, 2016
- Why These Big Companies Want a New 3D File Format, Fortune, February 5, 2016
- Here’s Why 2016 Could Be 3D Printing’s Breakout Year, Fortune, November 30, 2015
- Here’s Why 3D Printing Needs More Metal, Fortune, November 11, 2015
- How 3-D Printing May Give Miners a New Dimension,Wall Street Journal, November 11, 2015
- 3D Systems’ CEO steps down amid falling share price, Fortune, October 29, 2015
- Stratasys Invests In Direct 3-D Metal Printing Startup, Forbes, October 29, 2015
- The UPS Store’s “Ask the Experts” Panel at Inside 3D Printing, 3DPrint.com, October 16, 2015
- Last Christmas’s 3D Printers Gather Dust as Stratasys Slumps, Bloomberg, October 15, 2015
- 3-D Printed Plane Parts Help Sweden’s Arcam to Take Off, Bloomberg, October 12, 2015
- The hottest new startup … makes toy cars, CNBC, September 30, 2015
- Casting a Positive Global View on 3D Printing, Desktop Engineering, September 24, 2015
- Terry Wohlers: The Industry Nearly Quadrupled over the Past Five Years, All3DP, September 21, 2015
- Breaking The Mold, Global Trade, (see page 101), August/September 2015
- 3D Printing: Top Funds To Invest In The Next Industrial Revolution, Forbes, August 9, 2015
- $4.1 Billion Industry Forecast In Crazy 3D Printing Stock Market, Forbes, July 30, 2015
- 3D Printing Is Changing the Way We Think, Harvard Business Review, July 21, 2015
- A new training ground for 3D printing opens in Louisville, Fortune, July 13, 2015
- Fast-growing 3-D printer maker Aleph counts kids, NASA as customers, The Denver Post, June 16, 2015
- Is Apple planning a 3D printer?, Computerworld, May 21, 2015
- The 3D printing boom continues, Manufacturers’ Monthly, May 15, 2015
- Additive Manufacturing State of the Industry, Manufacturing Engineering, May 2014
- GE Engineers 3D-Printed A Working, Mini Jet Engine, Forbes, May 11, 2015
- UPS Helps Entrepreneurs Make 3-D Printed Prototypes, The Wall Street Journal, March 30, 2015
- 3-D Printing Makes a Mark on Engineering Education, U.S. News & World Report, March 19, 2015
- One of These is Not Like the Other, Design-2-Part, February 2015
- A 3-D Printed Car, Ready for the Road,The New York Times, January 15, 2015
- HP’s move into 3D printing will radically change manufacturing, Computerworld, October 31, 2014
- HP to jolt 3D printer market, PCWorld, October 31, 2014
- How HP’s 3D Print Breakthrough Could Push Rivals ‘Out of Business‘ Forbes, October 29, 2014
- Robots And 3D Printing, Forbes, October 22, 2014
- The Myth Of A 3D Printer In Every Home, Benzinga, October 29, 2014
- How 3-D Printing is Transforming Everything from Medicine to Manufacturing, Parade, October 11, 2014
- The ‘next frontier’ for 3D printing and additive manufacturing, Chicago Tribune, August 25, 2014
- 3-D Printers Making Jets and Bikes Drive Demand for Metal, Bloomberg, August 20, 2014
- 3D printing makes its move into production, Computerworld, August 13, 2014
- 3D Printing Grows, But is It an Industrial Revolution?, Voice of America July 17, 2014
- Will Home Depot, Amazon, Or Dell, Launch The 3D Printer Revolution?, Forbes, July 16, 2014
- 3D printing: Additive process lays it on thick, Financial Times, June 24, 2014
- What’s behind the boom in 3D printing?, Manufacturers’ Monthly, June 23, 2014
- Robotics and 3D printing are entering the mainstream, Financial Times, June 17, 2014
- 3D Printing Builds Up its Manufacturing Resume, Manufacturing Engineering, June 2014
- Building opportunities, Nature, May 21, 2014
- Sales of 3D Metal Printers Grew Over 75% in 2013, Forbes, May 21, 2014
- Heavy Metal, The Economist, May 3, 2014
- How 3D Printing Can Transform Your Business, Forbes, May 3, 2014
- Global 3D printing market expands by a third, Financial Times, May 2, 2014
- 3-D Printing Maker SLM Said to Plan IPO as Industry Grows, Bloomberg, March 13, 2014
- Beware 3-D Printing!, Barron’s March 8, 2014
- 500X Faster — New Ultra-fast 3D Printer In Works, Forbes, February 28, 2014
- Tracking Global Growth in Industrial-Scale Additive Manufacturing, 3D Printing and Additive Manufacturing, February 2014
- HP Casting Their Gaze On Stratasys?, 3D Printer World, February 6, 2014
- Exclusive Interview with Terry Wohlers, Mediabistro and Rising Media Ltd., January 2014
- New 3D printing fund may not print money, CNNMoney, January 31, 2014
- 3-D Printers Inspiring Cleats Make Stratasys a Target: Real M&A, Bloomberg Businessweek, January 31, 2014
- Super Bowl Cleats Signal 3-D Printer Takeovers: Real M&A, Bloomberg, January 31, 2014
- Technology: What’s Next for 3-D Printing?, IndustryWeek, January 9, 2014
- An Interesting And Frightening Situation: Terry Wohlers’ Assessment of The Year In 3D Printing, Forbes, December 31, 2013
- 3D Printing Stock Bubble? $10.8 Billion By 2021, Forbes, December 30, 2013
- 3D printing: Carmakers put brakes on prototype costs, Financial Times, December 26, 2013
- 3D printing becomes a solid reality, Financial Times, December 26, 2013
- 3D printing reshapes the factory floor Financial Times, December 26, 2013
- Will 3-D printers pass the holiday shopping test?, CNBC, December 24, 2013
- 3-D Printing Brings New Promise for Developing World, Voice of America, December 20, 2013
- Small Business: 3D Printing Doubled My Sales, FoxBusiness, December 11, 2013
- Printed rock, The Economist, December 10, 2013
- China chasing U.S. lead in 3-D printing, USA Today, December 1, 2013
- Inventing HP in 3D, The Economist, November 28, 2013
- GE Turns to 3D Printers for Plane Parts, Bloomberg Businessweek, November 27, 2013
- What investors need to know about 3-D printing, CNBC, November 15, 2013
- Rolls-Royce plans 3D printing for jet engine parts, Financial Times, November 13, 2013
- GE Printing Engine Fuel Nozzles Propels $6 Billion Market, Bloomberg Businessweek, November 12, 2013
- New 3-D Printer Makes Ladies Panties by the Millions, ABC News, November 12, 2013
- Will Additive Manufacturing Take Flight?, Design-2-Part, November 2013
- What Could ‘Democratized Manufacturing’ Mean for Petchem?, DownstreamToday.com, September 24, 2013
- Dinner Is Printed, New York Times, September 21, 2013
- What Works And What Doesn’t In 3D Printing: A Talk With Terry Wohlers, Forbes, September 12, 2013
- The Future of 3D Printing With Terry Wohlers, ENGINEERING.com, September 9, 2013
- From dental braces to astronauts’ seats, The Economist, September 7, 2013
- 3D printing scales up, The Economist, September 7, 2013
- From teeth aligners to engine parts, 3-D printing business grows, CNBC, August 17, 2013
- 3-D printing booms, triggers rush for patents, NBC News, August 15, 2013
- The ‘gold rush’ for 3-D printing patents, CNBC, August 15, 2013
- As cost goes down, 3-D printers begin to make an impression, timesleader.com, August 4, 2013
- 3-D printers are beginning to make an impression, Los Angeles Times, July 27, 2013
- 3D Printing Affects Every Industry, Even Homebuilding, (Interview with Terry Wohlers), Techonomy, July 19, 2013
- eBay tests the 3-D printing waters with a mobile app, Internet Retailer, July 16, 2013
- Additive Manufacturing: Going Mainstream, Manufacturing Engineering, June 2013
- How Additive Manufacturing Can Change Industry As We Know It, Ideas Lab by GE, June 11, 2013
- DIY Market Slows Dramatically as 3-D Printing Hits Its Industrial Stride, WIRED, May 24, 2013
- 3-D ‘printing’ is Eden Prairie firm’s next big thing, MPR News, April 11, 2013
- Why 3-D Printing Won’t Turn Your Home Into a Factory, WIRED, March 21, 2013
- 3D Printing Could Grow to Over $3.7 Billion by 2015, The Fiscal Times, March 6, 2013
- Australian Additive Manufacturing Technology and Cooperative Research Roadmap, Advanced Manufacturing CRC, February 28, 2013
- 3D Printing’s Intersection of Promise and Reality: An Interview with Terry Wohlers, Seeking Alpha, February 26, 2013
- The 3-D Printing Revolution, ScienceNews, February 20, 2013
- 3D Printing: Everything You Need to Know, Inc., February 15, 2013
- 100 Must Watch Trends in 2013, Forbes, January 8, 2013
- Make Digital Designs Physical: The industry is using AM technology to optimize material use and product weight, and to manufacture complex parts, Desktop Engineering, December 1, 2012
- Why 3-D Printing Matters for “Made in U.S.A.” Scientific American, December 6, 2012
- 3-D printing a boon to entrepreneurs, San Francisco Chronicle, November 25, 2012
- A Conversation with Terry Wohlers, RapidReady by Desktop Engineering, November 1, 2012
- Advances in metals for 3D printing dwarf plastics, Graphic Speak, October 26, 2012
- Personal 3-D Printer Sales Jump 35,000% Since 2007, Bloomberg, October 24, 2012
- Michael Idelchik: How The U.S. Can Lead The Next Manufacturing Revolution, Ideas Lab, October 16, 2012
- HP’s profitable printers to buy Whitman time, Chicago Tribune, October 3, 2012
- Sintering Your Way To Dental Implants And Hip Replacements, Forbes, September 27, 2012
- How 3D Printing Could Save HP, The Street, September 27, 2012
- Annual International Wohlers Conference to be Held at EuroMold 2012, Desktop Engineering, September 26, 2012
- Formlabs may reshape things with low-cost 3-D printer, The Boston Globe, September 23, 2012
- Additive Manufacturing Puts Its Clean-Tech Face Forward in Federally Funded Development Program, ThomasNet.com News, Thomas Publishing Company, August 30, 2012
- Opinions and More (Interview with Terry Wohlers), Modern Machine Tools, August 2012
- 3D Printers Graduate From Prototypes to End Products, Investor’s Business Daily, July 20, 2012
- Next 3-D Frontier: Printed Plane Parts, The Wall Street Journal, July 13, 2012
- 3-D printing could remake U.S. manufacturing, USA Today, July 11, 2012
- 3-D print advances may create more jobs, Chicago Tribune, May 5, 2012
- Additive Manufacturing Will Change in the Next 5-10 Years, Forbes, May 2, 2012
- 3D Printers: Make Whatever You Want, Bloomberg Businessweek, April 26, 2012
- Additive manufacturing: Solid print, The Economist, April 21, 2012
- Additive Manufacturing Advances, Manufacturing Engineering, April 2012
- Additive Manufacturing in the United States, TCT, April 2012
- The Aircraft Imperative, Modern Machine Shop, April 16, 2012
- 3D Printing Industry Will Reach $3.1 Billion Worldwide by 2016, Forbes, March 27, 2012
- Still Rapid, but Much More than Prototyping, Foundry Management & Technology, March 16, 2012
- More design hobbyists, entrepreneurs use 3-D printing, USA Today, February 21, 2012
- 3D Printer Makers Aim at Home Market, Bloomberg Businessweek January 9, 2012
- 3D Printing Coming to the Manufacturing Space—and Outer Space, Bloomberg Businessweek, January 9, 2012
- 3D printing: A technology awaits its iPad moment, Computerworld, December 21, 2011
- 3D printers: Almost mainstream, Computerworld, December 21, 2011
- Additive Techniques Come to Low-Volume Manufacturing, Design News, December 14, 2011
- The shape of things to come, The Economist, December 10, 2011
- Manufacturing the Future of 3D Printing, Forbes/Wolfe Emerging Tech Report, Forbes, Inc., November 2011
- Wohlers Sees Strong Growth Possibilities for Additive Manufacturing, Design-2-Part Magazine, November 2011
- Additive Manufacturing Event Roundup, Desktop Engineering, October 14, 2011
- Origo: A 3D Printer For Kids, The Washington Post, September 20, 2011
- How 3D Printing Will Change Absolutely Everything It Touches, Forbes, August 17, 2011
- 3D printing: The world’s first printed plane, New Scientist, July 29, 2011
- Manufacturing, 3D Printing and What China Knows About the Emerging American Century, Forbes, July 5, 2011
- 3D printing provides a vision of manufacturing’s future, Pioneer Press, June 12, 2011
- 3-D printers will be your next home accessory, CNNMoney, June 6, 2011
- Turning Ideas into Reality, Mail & Guardian Online, May 27, 2011
- Rapid prototyping evolves: Welcome AM, Plastics News, March 29, 2011
- 3D Printing: The Printed World, The Economist, February 10, 2011
- Manufacturing the dream: Game changing new production, BBC News, December 6, 2010
- It Will Be Awesome if They Don’t Screw it Up: 3D Printing, Intellectual Property, and the Fight Over the Next Great Disruptive Technology, Public Knowledge, November 10, 2010
- Billions of Pieces, Billions of Questions, R&D magazine, October 2010
- Shapeways Scores $5m From Union Square Ventures, Aims to Be “the Kinko’s of 3-D Printing,” Fast Company, September 23, 2010
- New ground in laser additive manufacturing, OptoIQ, July 27, 2010
- Production technology a game changer, BRW, July 1, 2010
- These ‘printers’ make 3-D stuff, Los Angeles Times, May 29, 2010
- Geeks on a Train, The New York Times, April 10, 2010
- Additive manufacturing a new frontier for composites, Composites Technology, April 2010
- SME unveils annual ‘Innovations That Could Change the Way You Manufacture’ list, Nanowerk, March 10, 2010
- There’s a new Red Scare. But is China really so scary?, The Washington Post, February 28, 2010
- The Melonia Shoe: A world’s first? Wearable 3D printed footwear, Core77, February 21, 2010
- Making a bit of me A machine that prints organs is coming to market, The Economist, February 18, 2010
- Invetech Delivers Organovo’s First Commercial 3D Bio-Printer for Manufacturing Human Tissue and Organs, BNET, December 1, 2009
- The Replicator, No Longer a Star Trek Dream, The Tyee, January 2010
- Additive manufacturing gets standardized, Plastics Today, January 15, 2010
- Digital Gastronomy – could 3D printing be the next revolution in cooking?, Cornucopia, January 2010
- 50 forecasts for 2010, Troy Media, January 5, 2010
- 50 Things That Will Change Your World in 2010, CNBC Business, December 2009.
- Producing Blood Vessels Using 3-D Printer Technology, Medical Device Link, December 28, 2009.
- ASTM Additive Manufacturing Committee Approves Terminology Standard, ASTM International, December 2009.
- Cheap Rubbish From China Is A Myth, Product Design & Development, December 11, 2009.
- Technology Is Stranger Than Fiction, The Wall Street Journal, November 22, 2009.
- Is Xerox’s Silver Ink Ready to Print Circuits?, RobotShop.com, October 30, 2009.
- Thogus rapidly re-engineers itself, Plastics News, October 19, 2009.
- A factory on your desk, Economist.com, September 3, 2009.
- R.I.P. High Tech Facial Reconstruction Technology is Put to Use in Personal Replica Urns, a One-of-a-Kind Memorial, PRWeb, July 28, 2009.
- SME Program Mentors Future Engineers, Quality Digest, July 6, 2009.
- Researchers to Build “Ultrasonic Additive Manufacturing” Machine, American Machinist, July 8, 2009.
- Stunning new technology allows parents to hold a life-size model of their unborn child, MailOnline, June 26, 2009.
- Rapid-Prototyping Gets Serious: Fabricates Entire Building, Fast Company, June 23, 2009.
- Manufacturing innovations, Control Engineering, June 19, 2009.
- Jay Leno’s 3D Printer Replaces Rusty Old Parts, Popular Mechanics, July 2009.
- 3D Printer Benchmarking with Action Figures, Replicator, May 2009.
- 3-D printing hits rock-bottom prices with homemade ceramics mix, March 31, 2009.
- Innovations That Could Change the Way You Manufacture, Manufacturing Engineering, March 2009.
- UHF carbon nanotube transistors printed using aerosol jet, Electonics News, March 16, 2009.
- Shapeways Now Lets You Create Cool Light Sculptures with Just a Photo, Wired Blog Network, March 9, 2009.
- Additive Manufacturing — New Capabilities for Rapid Prototypes And Production Parts, Plastics Technology, March 2009.
- Tapping Schools, Product Design & Development, March 2009.
- Designs on the future of manufacturing, European Plastics News, February 27, 2009.
- Beyond Plastics: The Latest in RP&M Material Options, DE Online, February 2, 2009.
- What Is This Called Again?, Fabbaloo, January 23, 2009.
- Taiwan Researchers Develop 3D Printer Prototype, Cadalyst, January 8, 2009.
- Make Your Web Creature to Life, Castro Valley Forum, January 6, 2009.
- Prototyping and Manufacturing by Additive Fabrication, Composites World, October 2008.
- Prototyping Power, Product Design & Development, October 2008.
- Printing in 3D Gets Practical, BusinessWeek, October 6, 2008.
- Figure friendly, The Boston Globe, September 7, 2008.
- Caterpillar, Inc. funds USC ‘print-a-house’ construction technology, Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News, August 28, 2008.
- How To Make Anything, Forbes.com, August 28, 2008.
- Rock Band 2 Avatars To Be Printed in 3D, Wired Blog Network, August 25, 2008.
- Loughborough University Shielding sportsmen and women from impact and injury, Loughborough News, July 16, 2008.
- Direct Digital Manufacturing Aids Assembly Operations, Design News, June 25, 2008
- Fabbing Industrialist Predicts Fabbing Cottage-Industry, Wired Blog Network, June 18, 2008.
- Das ist kein Gimmick (in German), Technology Review, June 10, 2008.
- Fab It Now, Machine Design, May 16, 2008.
- Design Focus: Time is money, so prototype for profit, Modern Plastics, May 1, 2008.
- Tech Watch: 3-D printer market poised for big growth, IT Channel, May 1, 2008.
- 3D printing takes a step forward, Eureka, May 6, 2008.
- The Art of 3D Printing, Design News, April 28, 2008.
- A rapid revolution, Financial Times, April 25, 2008.
- 3-D printing: The next big thing?, Computerworld, March 12, 2008.
- Innovations That Could Change the Way You Manufacture, Manufacturing Engineering, March 2008.
- A whole new dimension to printing, The Globe and Mail, February 28, 2008.
- Build a Polar 3-D Printer from Legos, Instructables, December 29, 2007.
- Trends 2008: Will 3D-Printing Finally Go Mainstream?, CNET.com, December 17, 2007.
- How 3-D Printing Figures Turns Web Worlds Real, Wall Street Journal, December 12, 2007.
- 3-D Home Printers Could Change Economy, LiveScience, October 10, 2007.
- US firm brings 3D printing to the deskop with low-priced kit, printweek.com, September 21, 2007.
- Rapid processes gaining ground, Modern Plastics Worldwide, August 1, 2007.
- Rapid Manufacturing’s Role in the Factory of the Future, Design News, July 27, 2007.
- What Engineers Should Know about Direct Digital Manufacturing, Design News, July 26, 2007.
- Rapid Prototyping? Just Call it ‘3D Printing,’ Design News, July 16, 2007.
- Mechatronics Fuels Revolution in 3D Printing, Design News, June 28, 2007.
- Local inventor, entrepreneur played early role in developing 3D printing, The Greenville News, May 30, 2007.
- Giant Machine Designed to Print Houses, Discovery News, April 3, 2007.
- Free-Form Sculpting, Desktop Engineering, November 2006.
- Your Next House May Come From A Printer, InformationWeek, December 1, 2006.
- 3D Printers Reshape the World of Copying, Wall Street Journal, August 3, 2006.
- A plane you can print, NewScientistTech, July 21, 2006.
- Printable Robots, OhmyNews, June 21, 2006.
- Additive Fabrication Facilitates Successful Injection Mold Design and Build, MoldMaking Technology, March 2006.
- Productive Nanosystems (From molecules to superproducts), 5-minute video, March 14, 2006.
- Additive Fabrication Technology, MoldMaking Technology, January 2006.
- Downhill ride: Protomold picks up speed by knowing when to say ‘no’, Upsizemag.com, December 2005.
- Organ Repair, ScienCentralNews, November 10, 2005.
- Quick off the mark, Engineering, July/August 2005.
- Rapid prototyping grows despite less government funding, Plastics News China eWeekly, July 13, 2005.
- Why Western design firms have trouble in mainland China, Plastics News China eWeekly, July 5, 2005.
- Make It Quick, Scientific American, July 2005.
- If You Can Draw It, They Can Make It, BusinessWeek, May 23, 2005.
- Fortune Cookie, Managing Automation, May 13, 2005.
- Model medicine, The Salt Lake Tribune, April 24, 2005.
- 3D printer to churn out copies of itself, NewScientist.com, March 18, 2005.
- Time for RP Standards, Desktop Engineering, March 2005
- Mummy receives high-tech face-lift, Rocky Mountain News, March 9, 2005.
- 3-D printers give picture of future for consumers, Chicago Tribune, February 12, 2005.
- High-tech glue gun helps engineers make chips, New York Times News Service, September 23, 2004.
- 3-D scan reconstructs face of a mummy, MSNBC News, September 1, 2004.
- Facial Reconstruction of a Wrapped Egyptian Mummy Using MDCT, American Journal of Roentgenology, September 2004.
- Using his Bobblehead, The Mercury News, August 27, 2004.
- High tech implants to aid facial reconstruction to be developed at Loughborough University, Innovations Reports, August 27, 2004.
- 3D Printers Lead Growth of Rapid Prototyping, Plastics Technology, August 2004.
- Walter Reed using 3-D technology to improve treatment, ARNEWS, March 24, 2004.
- Business Beat: Perseverance pays off, Pioneer Press, March 21, 2004.
- The Shape of Prints to Come, The Press Association, March 10, 2004.
- The CAD Society: Designing a Better Future, Time-Compression Technologies, January 2004.
- Molecular Nanotechnology Fully Loaded with Benefits and Risks, The Futurist, January 5, 2004.
- Instant Manufacturing, Technology Review, November 2003.
- Words of Wisdom: Rapid manufacturing on the horizon, Plastics Machinery & Auxiliaries, October 2003.
- 3-D Printing’s Great Leap Forward, Wired News, August 11, 2003.
- Prototype or product? Rapid manufacturing is closer to mainstream, Plastics Machinery & Auxiliaries, April 2003.
- Golden firm may aid twins: Skull models could help in separation, published in the August 20, 2002, edition of the Denver Post.
- Engineer selling her invention to firms and investors, Detroit Free Press, August 6, 2002.
- Rapid Manufacturing, published in the November 2001 issue of Computer Graphics World.
- Imaging Faster New design tools and software allow CEOs and customers to move products to market; published in the August 2001 issue of Darwin magazine.
- Who Needs a Factory When You Have a Printer?, originally published in the June 2001 issue of eCFO magazine under the title Absolutely Fab.
- Cyber Cloning 3-D computer images can be quickly turned into hands-on prototypes; published in May 31, 2001 issue of Minneapolis’ PioneerPlanet.
- Computer technology helping speed products to market, published in the May 11, 2001 issue of The Cincinnati Enquirer.
- The Solid Future of Rapid Prototyping, published in the March 24, 2001 U.S. edition of The Economist.
- Rapid Prototyping: Pretty Soon, You Won’t Be Able To Get Along Without It, published by Plastics Technology in February 2001.
- Rapid Tooling Is Ready For Prime Time, published by Plastics Technology in January 2001.
- Methods of Rapid Tooling Worldwide, published in the October 2000 issue of MoldMaking Technology Magazine.
- Scale Models from Thin Air Some day in the next millennium, architects may be able to put design information into a machine that will automatically construct a complete building; authored by B.J. Novitski and published in August 2000.
- Rapid Prototyping: A Subtle Industrial Revolution, published in the April 2000 issue of Industrial Equipment News.
- Foreword to Product Concept & Design Engineering—a supplement to Automotive Manufacturing International published in 1999 by Sterling Publications Limited (London, England).
- Digital Architect: Rapid prototyping lets architects make scale models from computer files, authored by B.J. Novitski and published in December 1999.
- Industry’s Amazing New Instant Prototypes, published in the January 12, 1998 edition of Fortune magazine.
- Rapid Prototyping Systems, published in the November 1996 issue of Computer Graphics World.
- RP Brings 3D Printing to the Design Office published in the August 1996 issue of Computer-Aided Engineering.
- Pondering Windows and the Future of Unix published in the February 1996 issue of CGW.
- The Challenge of 3D Digitizing published in the November 1995 issue of CGW.
- TriSpectives Should Be a Hit published in the November 1995 issue of CGW.
- AutoCAD and Rapid Prototyping published in the November 1995 issue of CADENCE.
- Pro/JR Is No Small Fry published in the September 1995 issue of CGW.
- 3D Digitizers for Engineering published in the March 1995 issue of CGW.
- Surfcam Machines to the Max published in the March 1994 issue of Computer-Aided Engineering.
- PC Graphics Gear Up published in the January 1994 issue of Computer-Aided Engineering.
- Cashing in on Rapid Prototyping published in the September 1993 issue of Computer-Aided Engineering.
- Chrysler Compares Rapid Prototyping Systems published in the October 1992 issue of Computer-Aided Engineering.
- CAD Meets Rapid Prototyping published in the April 1992 issue of Computer-Aided Engineering.
Reports, Papers, and Other Publications
- Roadmap for Additive Manufacturing: Identifying the Future of Freeform Processing, a government-sponsored report produced by 65 experts from academia, industry, and government in March 2009 in Washington, DC.
- Wohlers Report 2015, an in-depth analysis of additive manufacturing worldwide.
- State of the Industry and Technology Update, presented at EuroMold 2003 in a conference titled “Worldwide Advances and Setbacks in Rapid Prototyping, Tooling & Manufacturing,” December 2003.
- New Developments and Trends in Rapid and High-Performance Tooling, presented at EuroMold 2002 in a conference titled “Worldwide Advances in Rapid and High-Performance Tooling,” December 2002.
- Growth Trends and Advances in Rapid Prototyping, presented at EuroMold 2001 in a conference titled “New Developments and Trends in RP Around the World,” November 2001.
- Using RP Methods for Production Parts, presented at EuroMold in an event titled “RP – Rapid Production: An International Conference,” December 2000.
- Advances in Rapid Technologies Worldwide, presented at EuroMold at a conference titled “Rapid Tooling’s Strategic Benefits & Risks,” December 1999.
- 3,000 Raw Ideas = 1 Commerical Success!, published in 1997 by the Industrial Research Institute.
- The Arrival of RP and its Value to US Manufacturing published in October 1995.
- RP’s Impact Worldwide presented at the 28th ISATA Conference (September 1995) in Stuttgart, Germany.
- Rapid Prototyping in Japan and Europe published Second Quarter 1995.
- Advanced Applications of Rapid Prototyping a summary of the International Experts’ Workshop held in Israel and published in 1993.
- Rapid Prototyping Systems an overview of system technologies published in April 1993.
- The World of Rapid Prototyping published in September 1992.
- Rapid Prototyping Systems: Buy Now… Next Year… or Never? published in June 1992.
- Guidelines for RP Success published in October 1991.
- Rapid Prototyping: An update on applications, technology improvements, and developments in the industry, published in October 1991.
- Installing a Rapid Prototyping System published in September 1991.
- Dates the additive manufacturing system manufacturers were founded and when their technologies were introduced.
Publications by Wohlers
Summary of 436
- Click for a list of 207 articles (1992-2021)
- Click here for a list of 123 articles (1984-1991)
- Click here for a list of 106 books, chapters, and technical papers (1984-2018)
“Wohlers” column in Time Compression
- September/October 2011 The Discovery of 3D Printing by the Mainstream Press
Good news to those in the additive manufacturing (AM) and 3D printing industry: The mainstream media has discovered the technology.
- July/August 2011 The DIY Maker Movement
Additive manufacturing (AM) and 3D printing are supporting the maker movement, a collection of activities in the large and growing do-it-yourself (DIY) community.
- May/June 2011 Will Additive Manufacturing Change Manufacturing?
AM could very well become the most diverse, flexible, and accessible manufacturing technology ever.
- March/April 2011 Why You Won’t Have an AM Machine in Your Garage
For many years, additive manufacturing (AM) industry insiders have speculated on the role the general public will play in the adoption of AM.
- November/December 2010 How Document Printers Are Like Additive Manufacturing Machines
The document printing industry has experienced a long and vibrant life.
- September/October 2010 AM FAQs
In June 2010, I spoke to about 600 engineering and manufacturing professionals in Melbourne, Adelaide, Sydney, and Brisbane about additive manufacturing (AM) for part production.
- July/August 2010 Additive Manufacturing 101: Part IV
Additive manufacturing (AM) systems have been capable of building metal parts for more than a decade, but only recently have these systems begun to gain traction in the market place.
- May/June 2010 Additive Manufacturing 101: Part III
Additive manufacturing (AM) systems that build parts in photopolymer were among the first to emerge in the late 1980s.
- March/April 2010 Additive Manufacturing 101: Part II
Laser sintering (LS) is a process that has grown in popularity for making strong plastic parts.
- January/February 2010 Additive Manufacturing 101: Part I
The importance of additive manufacturing (AM) is certainly growing, and many people are being confronted with the tech that they may not have even a basic understanding about.
- November/December 2009 3D Printing Goes Open-Source
A relatively recent development is quietly taking place, and it could have an interesting impact on the additive manufacturing (AM) industry.
- September/October 2009 RapidTech: Industry’s Best Kept Secret
Have you heard of the National Center for Rapid Technologies, also known as RapidTech? The National Science Foundation funded the launch of the four-year program at Saddleback College (Mission Viejo, CA) in September 2007. Its purpose is to support industry and education at all levels, particularly in the adoption of rapid technologies, such as additive manufacturing (AM), to increase global competitiveness.
- July/August 2009 A Low-volume Production Site: Coming to a Garage Near You
Service providers, also known as “service bureaus,” have long been a staple in the additive manufacturing (AM) industry. They were among the early adopters and pioneers in the application of AM technology.
- May/June 2009 What Do You Call It?
“3D printing” is becoming a popular term, and some expect it to develop as the most accepted umbrella term in the future.
- March/April 2009 Gaming + Additive Fabrication = Big Business
The use of additive fabrication technology to produce video game characters and player avatars is growing at an almost unbelievable pace.
Wohlers “Viewpoint” column in Time-Compression Technologies
- September/October 2008 10 Methods that will Impact the Next 10 Years
Methods of additive fabrication will have a profound impact on the future of rapid product development and manufacturing.
- May/June 2008 History of Additive Fabrication (Part 2)
This two-part series provides a timeline that shows how additive fabrication technologies have developed from their inception in 1987 to 2007. The first part picks up where Part 1 ended.
- March/April 2008 History of Additive Fabrication (Part 1)
This two-part series provides a timeline that shows how additive fabrication technologies have developed from 1987 to 2007. The first part covers 1987 through 2002.
- January/February 2008 International Business Etiquette (Part 2)
More and more business is being conducted abroad, so it’s a good idea to know about the culture before you go so that you don’t commit a major faux pas. For this and the next issue, our Viewpoint column will touch on some of the major cultures around the world and what is accepted, expected and just plain frowned upon. What’s proper in one country may not be in the next. Avoid mistakes that can lead to a less than favorable impression and reduce the chances of success when traveling on business.
- November/December 2007 International Business Etiquette (Part 1)<
More and more business is being conducted abroad, so it’s a good idea to know about the culture before you go so that you don’t commit a major faux pas. For this and the next issue, our Viewpoint column will touch on some of the major cultures around the world and what is accepted, expected and just plain frowned upon. What’s proper in one country may not be in the next. Avoid mistakes that can lead to a less than favorable impression and reduce the chances of success when traveling on business.
- November/December 2007 (Service Provider Supplement) The Outgrowth of Service Providers
In the last several years, a number of new materials for additive systems have been developed that greatly increase the ability of parts to be used as functional prototypes. As a consequence, the demand for functional prototype parts is expected to increase and service providers will likely fulfill the bulk of this demand.
- September/October 2007 How to Survive Extreme Global Business Trips (Part 2)
Learn more tips from someone who survived a nine-day loop around the world to make your own business trips a little easier.
- May/June 2007 How to Survive Extreme Global Business Trips (Part 1)
Business trips around the world are starting to become more common. Learn how Terry Wohlers managed to survive one extreme business trip where he traveled from the U.S. to Europe, to Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Tokyo, and then back to the U.S. again to complete a loop around the world in just nine days.
- March/April 2007 Confused by Terminology?
“Rapid prototyping” once served well as the term used to describe a class of technology and its applications, but times have changed.
- January/February 2007 A Jaw-Dropping Display of Color Models
The 3DP User Group organized the world’s most impressive collection of color models produced by 3D printing.
- September/October 2006 The Industry’s Next Major Turning Point
What is the next major crossroad, for better or worse, in additive fabrication?
- May/June 2006 Where Additive Processes Fit in The Mass Customization Movement
Additive technologies will play a significant role in the production of custom and personalized products in the future.
- March/April 2006 Obstacles to Rapid Manufacturing
Will material cost, processing issues and company culture stifle growth?
- January/February 2006 A View from 10 Years Ago
Terry Wohlers’ view from 10 years ago—Where the industry was headed and where it ended up.
- November/December 2005 (Special Supplement) How to Find the Right Service Provider
- November/December 2005 Are Under–$1,000 3D Printers in Our Future?
As 3D printer hardware and materials evolve, and the demand for them increase, some unit prices will likely dip below $20,000 for the first time.
- September/October 2005 Too Many Industry Events?
Industry and academic conferences and expositions in the U.S., Europe, and other parts of the world focus on additive fabrication.
- May/June 2005 Will Multicolor Flourish or Flounder
- March/April 2005 Material Options: An Absence or Abundance?
For some, it is easy to forget that material can make the difference between success and failure when prototyping.
- January/February 2005 Rapid RP Growth in South Africa
Recent international conference and exhibition underscores the country’s strong interest in the technology and its application.
- November/December 2004 Will A/E/C Embrace RP?
Opportunities abound, but questions remain.
- August/September 2004 What the 3D Systems/EOS Settlement Means to the Industry
The resolution of eight lawsuits paves the way for improved competition and a stronger industry.
- April/May 2004 Rapid Short-Run Production Will Protect U.S. Manufacturing
With its leadership in RP technology, the U.S. is poised to secure a precious share of manufacturing in the future.
Wohlers “3D Printing” column in Time-Compression Technologies
- November/December 2005 Factors to Consider When Choosing a 3D Printer
With shipments of 3D printers nearly doubling over the past year, interest in acquiring 3D printing technology has increased dramatically.
- September/October 2005 3D Printing in Education
How High Schools, Colleges and Universities Leverage 3D Printing Technology.
- May/June 2005 Why Send a Model When You Can Fax a 3D Print?
Terry Wohlers talks about the benefits of this new technology for your business.
- March/April 2005 3D Printing Supports Collaboration with Suppliers Around the Globe
Fast, affordable 3D prints facilitate interaction between product design and manufacturing.
- January/February 2005 3D Printing Provides Benefits Throughout Product Development
Communicate increased product knowledge from conceptual design through production.
“Perspectives” column in Time-Compression Technologies
- October/November 2003 Will the Service Provider Survive?
The key to RP success is a strategic plan for the future while acquiring the people, processes and skills necessary to support the plan.
- March/April 2003 Has Anything Changed in Ten Years?
The Rapid Prototyping Association (RPA) of the Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) celebrates its tenth anniversary this year. Since the inception of this organization, much has changed. And yet, many things remain the same.
- January/February 2003 Is CNC Machining Really Better than RP?
Knowledge of both technologies is important for the selection of the right tool for the job.
- November/December 2002 A Year Filled With Promising R&D
Despite a challenging year, the RP industry has continued its research and development of new products, processes, materials and applications.
- September/October 2002 Surviving Tough Times
From these challenging economic times, the RP industry will gain strong leaders, new applications and exciting solutions.
- May/June 2002 Timing Isn’t Everything, But Almost
Nothing in itself is truly good or bad. It is when you put it to work that matters in the end.
- March/April 2002 The Real Cost of RP
What to consider before bringing RP in-house.
- February 2002 RP Applications: The Possibilities Are Endless
New advances and trends yield surprises
- November 2001 Can Technology Acquisition Be An Emotional Decision?
To offer winning products, companies must make sweeping changes–both cultural and technical–to their product development practices.
- October 2001 Obstacles to RP’s Growth
Rapid prototyping is not immune to the wide ranging obstacles that limit the growth of new products and technology.
- September 2001 Lessons from Guttenberg’s Legacy
What has the RP industry taken from this German inventor and the processes that follow?
- June 2001 3-D Printers for the Home: Are They in Our Future?
Reviewing the cost of a 3-D printer will determine if it’s a justifiable expense and a desirable solution.
- May 2001 What’s in a Name?
Although the definition of rapid prototyping is varied and the application of the term diverse, it may continue to be the most commonly used definition.
- April 2001 Rapid Production: Key Barriers to Growth
The ways in which rapid production could change the future of manufacturing, coupled with its economic impact, are astounding, but there are barriers.
- March 2001 Here Lies… Obituaries of RP Manufacturers
Many rapid prototyping vendors have failed, and more will follow. Here’s why.
- January/February 2001 Rapid Prototyping in 2006
Incremental change. Is that all that can be expected of the rapid prototyping industry?
“Internet Editorial” from Rapid Prototyping Journal
- October 2002, Vol. 8, No. 5, Internet Editorial: Xpress3D
- June 2002, Vol. 8, No. 3, Internet Editorial: The Traveling Engineer
- April 2002, Vol. 8, No. 2, Internet Editorial: Will Magazines Become Obsolete?
- October 2001, Vol. 7, No. 5, Internet Editorial: Castle Island’s Web site
- August 2001, Vol. 7, No. 4, Internet Editorial: Will Internet Companies Thrive in the Future?
- June 2001, Vol. 7, No. 3, Internet Editorial: Is efunda an Industry Best Kept Secret?
- April 2001, Vol. 7, No. 2, Internet Editorial: E-commerce: The Challenges of Creating a B2B Exchange
- January 2001, Vol. 7, No. 1, Internet Editorial: Bits2Parts.com
- October 2000, Vol. 6, No. 4, Internet Editorial: Are You Puzzled Too?
- July 2000, Vol. 7, No. 3, Internet Editorial: Quote Generation on the Web
“Wohlers Talk” column from Prototyping Technology International
- September 1998 The Demise of the Service Bureau?
- April/June 1998 The Beginning of the End?
- January/March 1998 BPM Technology: Why the Company Failed
- October 1997 RP-driven RT – Can it compete?
- July/September 1997 Will 3D Printers Cannibalize RP Systems?
- 1998 Annual Review 1997: A Year of News, Surprises and Challenges
- 1997 Annual Review RP Past and Present